Social media has helped to blur the lines between business, industry, and popular leaders. Internet memes and graphic quotations have helped to revive archived thoughts and words from notable people in history.
Qualities of leadership such as life balance, grit, creativity, and critical thinking, can be exhibited online by businesses, entrepreneurs, celebrities, and politicians of the past and present.
As we celebrate the life of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., I am exposed to how relevant his work was to today's entrepreneur and reminded of how his words have guided my thoughts about life, purpose, and ethics over the years.
Consequently, there are many quotes from Dr. King that have helped guide me in my entrepreneurial journey. Below, I have shared ten of my favorites:
- Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
- A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.
- The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.
- Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions.
- Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better.
- Whatever your life's work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better.
- Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
- All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another problem.
- Seeing is not always believing.
- We must use time creatively.